Tenured eDiscovery Digital Forensics Expert Michael Ciaramitaro Joins Inventus
CHICAGO – April 2, 2019 – Inventus, a leading international legal support services provider, today announced that Michael Ciaramitaro has joined the team as director of US digital forensics. Ciaramitaro brings more than 16 years of experience in digital forensic collections and computer investigations helping law firms and corporations navigate through tough and complicated data infrastructure. He will be managing Inventus’ North American digital forensics team and consulting with clients during eDiscovery and regulatory matters.
- “The prevalence of complex data systems in today’s corporate landscape is on the rise, and digital forensic investigations are increasingly top of mind for our clients,” said Paul Mankoo, CEO of Inventus. “Michael’s deep technical expertise along with strategic leadership and operational skill will greatly benefit our client base looking to prepare for the realities of doing business in an increasingly digital-first world.”
In his new role, Ciaramitaro will advise clients and counsel on issues involving computer and digital forensics, the preservation and collection of electronic evidence in large-scale litigation, regulatory response matters, second requests, and internal investigations. His deep expertise in evolving data types – including unusual new and emerging data types like micro-content, workplace social media data, and chat platforms – will be an exceptional benefit to clients doing business in a world of fast-developing data types.
Ciaramitaro has deep experience in:
- - Managing certified fraud examiners
- - Incident response and computer investigations
- - Trade secrets and IP theft investigations
- - Departing employee investigations resulting in temporary restraining orders (TROs) or other safeguards
- - Providing subject matter testimony in digital forensics
- - Data mapping and preservation
- - Planning discovery requests, interrogatories, expert testimony rebuttals, and data collection strategies
Ciaramitaro joined Inventus after spending time with DiscoverReady & TERIS LLC, where he led a team of forensic examiners nationally and helped clients obtain favorable evidentiary hearing rulings and settlements. Prior to that, he held leadership positions at FRONTEO, PriceWaterhouseCoopers (PwC), Guidance Software, and OpenText.
He holds certifications in EnCase® EnCE certified, COMPTIA A+, and has hundreds of hours of training on computer forensic methodology, Advanced File Systems analysis, and Incident response and investigation. He holds a Bachelor of Science in business management from Pepperdine University.
Inventus, a subsidiary of RPX Corporation, is a leading legal support services provider focused on reducing the costs and risks associated with the discovery and compliance processes through the effective use of technology solutions. Inventus has been providing services to corporate legal departments, law firms, and government agencies since 1991.
Director of Marketing